Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness

Someone started this idea on Facebook several years ago and I loved it!  I love dedicating an entire month to thinking about what you are truly grateful for.  It encourages you to appreciate the things that we take for granted on a daily basis and to be thankful for them.  Sometimes the littlest things really do mean the most.  I want to dig deep and really find the things that make a difference in my day and life.  I should do this every day, but alas, I'm not perfect and an entire month is a good place to start.  This is the November part of my own Happiness Project that I started last month.  

As I approached my car yesterday evening in my work garage, I began to think of where I was headed next.  A women's mind rarely focuses on the present, but rather what's happening next.  It's really a downfall in our DNA but it does help us to stay on track and stay 2 steps ahead.  But I digress.  I knew my next step was to go pick up Colin from school.  That led to a series of thoughts, one of which was, "Do I have his car seat?"  We only have 1 car seat for each child and we rotate them between cars as needed.  When I say "we," I really mean Wes.  At that moment, I smiled and said a silent "thank you" to Wes because that's one thing I rarely have to even think about, without questioning, prodding, or complaining, he rotates Colin's seat in and out of the cars so that I always have it when I need it.  Having one less thing to think about in the morning is fantastic!  I made a mental note to thank Wes when I saw him, so that he knew I really do appreciate it.  

I don't want to take things for granted, but I do.  This month I hope to notice more, give thanks, and praise as much as I can.  I'd like to encourage you to do the same.  What about you, what are you thankful for?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wrote about something so personal and meaningful for you. It is the little things that mean the most. I'm thankful that my husband makes it possible for me to stay home with my Baby Girl so I don't miss this time with her. I take my time with her for granted much of the time and I should be much more thankful!

    ReplyDelete