Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Living Room Update

Well it's nearly been 4 months since we moved into our new house and I'm finally ready to post an updated picture of our living room space! You may recall, I hired the talented, Abby of A Delightful Design, to assist me in this project. Being able to mark one thing off my list was such a nice treat! Abby was fantastic and even though I had some reservations on some of her suggestions, I knew she knew best and went with it.

I couldn't be happier with how the space is evolving. It's not finished yet but the progress thus far is exactly what I wanted. How did she know? We only talked on the phone for a few minutes, yet she somehow figured out my style in that short conversation. That's why she's so successful at what she does!

As a refresher, here's what our space looked like with our old furniture haphazardly placed in the room.




And here was Abby's mood board:


I loved the pops of color against an otherwise neutral palate.  I made a few minor tweaks and here's where we are now.












What do you think?  I still need to address the wall above the chaise part of the sofa but this half of the room is otherwise complete.  I love coming into this room because it's now so light and airy - I'm pretty sure those were the 2 words I used to describe how I wanted the room to feel.  Great job, Abby, you nailed it!

 



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. LOVE what she did! Did you bring in the sofa from another room or was that a new purchase? The accents to the sofa are great. Your boys look so cute in your previous post - sorry your little one was sick for Easter. This has been a very tough allergy season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! It's beautiful! You both did a fantastic job! I love the rug and the pillows are such a great pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The rug really pulls it all together. And you're right...that little bit of color just makes it all work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it....the colors are perfect! And thank you SO much for your comment about my kitchen rug oday :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle- Thank you for this post. What a beautiful pictures! I'm seeing three, square, black and white photos of the kids/family in a vertical line above the chase part of the sofa. White frames? Ikea makes a great square frame. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Danielle! It looks wonderful. I especially love your sofa and pillows. A photo gallery would look incredible on that wall.....just my humble opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing! I think you need to blow-up one of your awesome family pics (like maybe your blog header) and add that to one of those bare walls!

    ReplyDelete