Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Baby is Growing Up

I wish it weren't true but my little 8lb 15oz bundle of joy turned 2 last month. Time seems to speed past you once you have children. We celebrated his birthday at the beach and he welcomed the terrible 2's in true fashion. That was easily his worst day of the week but it just took the one day to get it out of his system.

Once we got home we had another mini celebration at our house so he could open his presents from us. Not knowing we were planning this (it was very impromptu even for me), my mom had to have yet another mini celebration the next night at her house so he could open his presents from her. So after cheesecake, a cupcake, and a plethora of presents, I'd say he had a pretty good birthday! By the way, a friend made the cheesecake for us before we went on vacation and thankfully it froze perfectly. If you're looking for a cheesecake recipe, look no further than her Grandma Lynette's recipe! And, if you're not into baking for yourself, the cupcake mom picked up for Colin from Caramanda's was superb! I consider myself quite picky when it comes to baked goods but this White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake didn't disappoint. The raspberry flavoring was very prominent, pretty much negating the white chocolate, but that didn't matter because it was soft, moist, and delicious!
After much hesitation, here he is trying to put the entire cheesecake square in his mouth. That's my boy!
Mommy goes for the educational puzzle boards, while Daddy goes for...
the loud and obnoxious Handy Manny tool set! Not surprising, this was the favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment