Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring


It wasn't the warmest first day of spring in history but the sun was shining and was otherwise a beautiful day! I've been eying these lovelies out my family room window and thought today was the perfect day to cut them and bring them inside. Of course I had a great helper, who was more interested in picking up the rocks than holding the flowers - hmm, maybe I should be glad of that.

I borrowed a lens from a coworker who swears this is the best lens ever. It's the Canon 50mm 1.8 - allegedly the best lens for it's price on the market.  I couldn't wait to try it out and what a better subject than my adorable Colin paired with a piece of nature! Looks like he might have had a point, this lens is pretty spectacular.

Enjoy your weekend and hopefully some beautiful spring weather!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and flowers!! He looks so cute!! We are so sorry- we just discovered our link on yesterdays post to you was not activated!! Please know we truly appreciate the yummy basket!! We fixed the problem!! Thank you again!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I've gotten to where I barely use anything but a 50mm lens - love it.

    ReplyDelete