Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

New Exercise Regime

Thanks to Colin, I've found a way to shed those last few pregnancy pounds (I'm still looking for a way to dissolve the extra skin - any ideas that don't involve a knife or staples?!). Somehow I discovered a great new game that Colin is enamoured with. We stand facing each other, hold hands, and run. Yes, that means I run backwards while Colin gets to run forwards. This might be easier if I was in better shape, but I'm not, so it got old very quickly! After making the rounds of our upstairs multiple times, I was finished. Not Colin! So I thought it was Daddy's turn. Well Colin apparently didn't think so and didn't think Daddy was capable. He planted his feet firmly on the ground and wouldn't budge for Wes. Great, another fantastic trait of mine that Colin inherited, my stubborn side! As I continued to run, legs burning, out of breath, all I could think was, "this better wear you out kiddo and you better sleep well tonight!"

It worked, he slept until 8:20 the next morning. Some of you might not think that's anything great, but boy howdy, when he's been beating the chickens awake in the morning (to the tune of 4:30 one morning!), 8:20 seems like heaven. Wes kindly pointed out that it does me no good for Colin to sleep in that long because I still wake up. But come on, if your child had been waking anywhere from 4:30-7:30am, wouldn't you be a little concerned too if he suddenly slept until 8:20? I laid there and worried whether or not he was still breathing. The bonus: he woke up in a great mood and was raring to go! See little buddy, you can sleep longer and wake up more rested - what a concept!

So there you go, take off running backwards and see how good of shape you're in. And I don't want to hear it if it's not hard for you. Oh yeah, be sure you're bent in half and pulling a 23 pound object!

No comments:

Post a Comment