Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Warming Up To Grandpa


Colin has proved my point, food is the way to a man's heart. For a while now, Colin has not been to fond of either my dad or Wes's dad (at least he doesn't discriminate). He really doesn't care for anyone other than Grams, Daddy, or me, but he will at least tolerate some other women. Yes, he's already checking out the ladies. Wes took him to the mall last week and a girl with high heels walked by. Colin stuck his head out of the stroller and watched her as she walked by. What? Convinced she must have looked like me, I asked Wes if she had blond hair. No, she had brown hair and looked nothing like me. Great! But I digress. It breaks my heart to see both grandpas try so hard to entertain and gain his affection, but Colin will have no part of it. They both pass him off as soon as he even whimpers and I almost wish them to keep holding him, in hopes that he'll get over it. Well my dad has learned the trick, feed him! As long as you're shoving food in front of him, he doesn't care who you are or what you look like, just keep it coming. I've read that they start to grow out of this stranger anxiety stage at about 18 months - not a minute too soon for me. I know he'll love both of his grandpas so much if he just gives them a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment