Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Katy bar the door!

Heaven help us, Colin has found his knees! Could it be, the event we've all been waiting for?! CRAWLING!! We all know how quickly kids grow (and you realize this even more once you become a parent and watch your own kids grow) but the past 6 1/2 months have flown by. I remember several months ago joking about Colin crawling and thinking that would be eons away. Granny has been wanting Colin to crawl since he was about 4 weeks old and Mom and I have to slow her down and tell her not to rush things. Apparently it doesn't matter what I do or say, I can't stop him from growing up. I know, it sounds like he's going off to college or something but this is a big milestone for us. I'm probably still jumping the gun a little because the poor kid is just now getting up on his knees. It will probably take him another month to figure it all out and how to move his knees and hands at the same time. To date, his current progress is as follows: push-ups (which he performs on Daddy's command), rocking while doing his push-ups, scooting backwards using his arms only, and most recently he has gotten up on his knees and held himself up with his arms. Oh, it's only a matter of time before the little booger is going to be mobile and look out! If his past actions are any indication of his future, he'll be running through the house never to be seen again. From the time I first felt him kick (around February of last year), he has not stopped moving his legs. No wonder his fat little legs are as solid a rock. He's going to be a mover and a shaker and I just don't know if I'm ready for that. Ready or not, here he comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment