Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Thoughts

Although I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, I do like the idea of a new year representing a fresh start.  There are plenty of things I have to work on but focusing on the negative is something I'm trying to get past.  Lately I feel like my life is passing me by and I'm missing out on the joy.  I might have a full plate but it's up to me to make the most of it.  We're only here for a short time and I want it to be fun and meaningful.    


This quote from 320 Sycamore pretty much sums it up for me.






As I've mentioned before, I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist.  That's good, but only to a point.  As one of my favorite authors (oh heck, it's the only author that I've read in the last 10 years!), Gretchen Rubin, so accurately said:

via


As I feel myself rush around from point A to point B, I want to be mindful.  I want to be mindful of the impact my self-inflicted stress is having on my family and myself.  I want to breathe into my heart and remind myself that it's okay if everything doesn't get done today, or get done exactly as I had it planned in my head.  I want to remind myself that my boys would rather have me than a professional meal.  I want to remind myself that my husband needs me to model patience and kindness so that he will want to mimic the same behavior.  I want to slow down and see things I've never seen before.  I want to allow my brain time to rest and not constantly be thinking of the next task.  Simply put, I want to bring the fun back into my life.

I know it's possible.  I know it's there.  I just have to dig it out of the corner, dust it off, and embrace it!  I am fun, darn it!  

So if you live around me, let's do something fun.  Let's do something for ourselves.  Let's do something with our kids.  Let's live it up!  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment