Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fearrington Inn

I don't recall the year, but the memories will never fade from the first time my mom introduced me to Fearrington Inn, in Pittsboro, NC.  I believe I was in high school and how she discovered this luxurious Bed and Breakfast is beyond me, but I'm so glad that she did.  

Years have passed (more than I care to count) since then but it's always been in the back of my mind that I'd like to take Wes there someday.  Thanks to the generosity of my Mother,  I was thrilled to finally get the chance to share this little piece of heaven on earth with Wes.  

Upon entering the Inn from the road, you are greeted with their famous "belted" cows.  I wondered if the images I had stored in my head would match the way the grounds actually were and my memory served me pretty well.  



The farm part of the estate is the first thing you see, but hidden in the lush greenery you'll find The Fearrington House Restaurant.  They bill themselves to be "one of the south's most venerable farm-to-fork restaurants" and I couldn't agree more.  They are the only AAA 5-diamond restaurant to be Green Certified and are ranked in the top 50 U.S. restaurants according to OpenTable.  The food at the restaurant is sublime and deserves a post of it's own another time.



In addition to the restaurant, they have a quaint village of a couple of smaller restaurants, a bookstore, a home interior store, and a spa.  Each are beautifully maintained and are reminiscent of an old-fashioned small town.


Perhaps one of the most vivid recollections I have about this place are the grounds.  I remember thinking that one day I'd have a flower garden similar to theirs, but alas, I've lived in my own house for 11 years and I've had dead shrubs in my front yard since July!  This trip just revived that desire and I've already started researching various plants for our area.





As if all of that isn't enough, their accommodations exude romance and country elegance.  From heated towel racks, to evening port and house-made truffles, to Egyptian cotton linens, and plush bathrobes, not a single detail has been overlooked.

The courtyard leading up to our room.

As a breakfast lover, the real creme de la creme for me is the complimentary breakfast that is served each morning.  Served in the side porch area of the Inn, the dose of sun provides a magnificent start to the day, not to mention the tremendous breakfast fare that is served!



As we exited down the long road, I found myself already planning our next trip.  Hopefully we won't let quite as many years lapse as I did between high school and now!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! After you get your landscaping designed, feel free to practice your skills on our yard. You know...strictly for your own education and benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Definitely on my list for one day. I look forward to reading about your meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops - forgot to sign that comment - didn't realize the AIM thing hid the name! (from Cindy)

    ReplyDelete