Today's list is a bit longer as I'm incorporating "10 Things I Love" that Ashley was nice enough to tag me on. I'm definitely thankful for the things that I love, so the timing on this was perfect.
In keeping with the rules, I'm supposed to state who tagged me - done - and then state 10 things I love. Easy enough. So thanks, Ashley, I love your floppy-haired little boy and reading your thoughts. Warning: This is going to be all over the place.
1. Shopping trips with my mom. This past weekend I took her to Cincinnati for a little outlet mall shopping. We had a fabulous time together, ate a great breakfast, and spent way too much money. Lucky for us, Sawyer was a trooper and did quite well - 2 naps, minimal crying, and no poopy diapers!
2. Breakfast. Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day - unless you count dessert as a meal, which I definitely do but most don't and they'd be wrong. I love sweets for breakfast but I like to have a little something savory mixed in as well. My perfect combo is a veggie omelet or scramble of any kind and a plate of flavored pancakes! One of my favorite spots to get this is First Watch. Wes and I keep saying that it would be a gold mine if someone would open one in Lexington but we can't find anyone to take the bite.
Lovely Little Parties, Baby Cakes Cupcakes, Denisha Sproul Photography, Melanie Mauer Photography, Good Foods Coop, and Morris Book Shop. Go out and support your local businesses. You're their lifeblood!
4. Project Life. Thanks to a fellow blogger who wants to send me to the poor house, I'm about to be the proud owner of one of these kits. I hadn't heard of this product until I read about it on Black Tag Diaries yesterday. Although I have seen plenty "Project Life - 365" blog posts floating around, I didn't realize they were loosely based on this kit. It's basically a low-key scrapbook that allows you to just slide pictures into sleeves, do a little journaling on preprinted, precut cards, and have a really cool looking scrapbook when you're finished. As much as I love the creativity and "stuff" that goes with a fully handmade scrapbook, this is much more efficient and realistic for me right now with my limited time.
5. Toothy grins (even though this picture doesn't show teeth). Nothing more needs to be said about this.
6. Wedding festivities. I thought I had graduated from this phase of my life but alas, I'm in one more wedding this weekend. I love the anticipation, the fancy clothes, the after party, and seeing the groom's face as the bride walks down the aisle. One of my friends parents' have a tradition where they hold hands during the nuptials and sort of recite them to themselves at every wedding they attend. It's their own little way of renewing their vows over and over again. How sweet! What's better than a day that's all about love?
7. Charleston, S.C. This is one of my most favorite cities ever. Wes and I hope to retire there someday or perhaps own a vacation home - hey, a girl can dream. We'll be heading there in a little over a month and I can hardly wait. I love the food, the shopping, the beach - all of it!
10. Comfy, crisp, and cool sheets. There's really nothing like your own bed and nothing like a little reminder of that when you spend the night away from home. There's just something about crawling into your own bed and pulling the covers up to your chin. My head seemingly melts into my pillow and fall right to sleep. And when you're sick, somehow your bed is all you long for. I need a nap now after this list.
Longest list/post ever. Join in the fun, I'd love to read your list as well!