Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

7 months but who's counting?


Dear Sawyer-
Time flies when you're having fun!  At least I think we're having fun.  The last 7 months have been such a whirlwind, I haven't known whether I was coming or going most days.  I think we've got our routine down to a science now and although that doesn't mean time is going to slow down any, at least I'll be able to remain calm (ha!) knowing what's coming next.  I've compiled a list of my favorite things about you:

1.  I love how you twirl your wrist like you're conducting an orchestra.  Whether your anxious to get out of your car seat, in between bites, or just getting your diaper changed, you love to be in constant motion. You stick your little arms out to the side and just twirl, twirl, twirl.

2.  I love how you ferociously grab my face and suck/chew on my chin to politely let me know you're hungry or tired.  The battle scars on my face and neck prove just how gentle you are.  Sometimes you're you go easy on me and just nestle your face next to mine while sucking your thumb.  What could be better than soft baby skin next to yours?

3.  I love the fact that you already have grown man smelling gas.  Seriously, you could knock a dog over with your stench!  I realize this is not a polite subject matter but I'm raising boys, get used to it.

4.  I love your Alfalfa-esque hair that looks like a 60-year old man's comb over.  And a bad one at that.  Your hair is out of control but it's so you.  It doesn't look like your cowlick is going anywhere any time soon.



5.  As you can see from the 2 pictures above, you feel the need to keep your arms straight out while being held.  I'm not sure if this is to help you feel balanced or if you like to pretend you're flying but you've always done it.

6.  I love how you are so excited to see me after you've been asleep or I've been gone all day and you give me a full on, open mouth, wet, sloppy "kiss, kiss, kiss."  So sweet!

7.  Our sure sign that you're asleep and going to stay that way is when we lay you down and you turn head to the side.  Colin used to let out a sigh and we'd know it was safe to assume he was out.  Now you have your own little way of letting us know you're content as well.

8.  You're showing the telltale signs that you're ready to start crawling and get moving.  If you lying on your back, you raise your bottom up and down in a humping motion to try to move.  If we put you on the floor and you see something or somewhere you'd like to go, somehow you manage to get there.  You roll, scoot and inch your way over.  I think you've been under every table at both our house and Buff's.

Slow down, buddy, you're growing too fast.  Although unrealistic, I want to keep you a baby forever.  One thing's for sure, you'll always be my baby!

8 comments:

  1. Only 7 mos ... I'm so jealous!!! He's so cute! When do you think he'll get his first haircut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so cute, I can't believe he's already 7 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe he is 7 months already! #4 really cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so precious! You seriously have the most adorable children ever. I can't believe it's already been 7 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 2nd hair picture. It really does look like a bad comb-over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blog... thanks for stopping by mine:) we just recently moved to louisville... and absolutely LOVE it so far (minus all the snow). i see you are just down the road:) it's great to meet a fellow kentuckian out here in blogosphere.

    ps... your boys are beautiful!! will def be following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe how fast it's going by with #2?! Glad to hear he's doing so well--he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete