Asian Inspired Cucumber Salad
Source: My Kitchen Addiction, adapted from Sweet Savory Life
- 2 cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut into thin strips on a diagonal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic paste (more or less, depending on the amount of heat you want)
In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and vinegar. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and then whisk to dissolve the brown sugar in the vinegar. Stir in the chili garlic paste.
Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables in the bowl and stir to toss the salad in the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve chilled.