Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Next Top Chef

One way or another, this little guy has a future in food.  As early as we can remember Colin has shown an interest in food.  When he was a wee babe, he would watch every bite Wes and I took.  He literally watched the food as we put it on the fork and then followed it as we put it in our mouths.  This continued with his own food and there have been very few offerings since then that he hasn't devoured.

Lately, his interest has evolved into cooking.  He pulls his chair up to the edge of the counter and actually probably eats more than he helps but it keeps him out of mischief.  He often says I can't start cooking without him.  His love of sorting and organizing comes in handy as he divides things between dinner plates.  He also loves to push the button on the blender and hold the mixer.  This weekend he was my little helper as he helped me bake a cake.  He was very concerned with putting the candles on the cake but I had to convince him we wouldn't be doing that for my coworker.


Please ignore my just-woken-up-look.  I wasn't ready to be photographed but it's all in the name of documenting memories!  You also get a little glimpse of Pete.

Maybe some day he'll be living out my dream and be the chef at his own restaurant.  As long as I get to eat there, I guess I'll just live vicariously through him!

8 comments:

  1. What a great little helper! I'm going on record with my projection that he will be a food critic or a chef. :) (By the way, love that you are sporting an Alpha Gam date party shirt! I wear my old DG date party/rush t-shirts on the weekends all the time!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy! this is awesome. i love the college tshirt and the bonding moments between the two of you! so precious. and i'm loving the belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of him to help! My daughter loves to help me bake too. Love that kind of bonding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Bailey helped me make a birthday cake for my dad this weekend. I asked her if she was going to help me make dinner for him and she said, "No mommy, pepaw needs a birfday cake and I will make that!"

    Love getting to see little Pete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your belly is so small and cute!!! As is Colin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A boy after my own heart ... a love of organizing AND cooking?? He's basically a triple threat with those good looks factored in!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your baby is so sweet and adorable. I guess he is every Mom's dream... Have a wonderful day. :) Petra

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome that he's such a good eater! And helper! What a great way to spend some quality bonding time :)

    ReplyDelete