Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Super Easy Turtles

Somehow during my first pregnancy I became known as the "treat lady" and was expected to bring one each and every visit. My sister works at the office and she had a little influence on me. I'm not sure if it was the treats or my sister but I'm certainly not complaining about the great attention I received during my entire stint at their office. That's one place you want to make friends, so treats seemed like the least I could do. I honestly never would have even thought of bringing a treat to any medical office until my sister informed me people did it all the time, especially at Christmas.

Since I set the standard the first time around, I feel obligated to continue the tradition with this pregnancy and office visits. Admittedly, I don't have quite the amount of free time I had the first go round but I'm making do thus far (there's only been 2). I found this recipe long ago and decided to save it for this very occasion. Seriously, this has to be the easiest and tastiest little treat you could make.

Easy Turtles

1 bag small pretzels
1 bag individually wrapped Rolo candies
1 bag halved pecans

Preheat oven to 220. Spread pretzels in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Unwrap Rolos and place one on each pretzel. Pop them in the oven for 2 minutes. They may not seem like they've melted enough but they'll continue to melt on the warm cookie sheet. Take a pecan half and press onto the Rolo, squishing it down a bit. Remove from the warm cookie sheet to your serving platter. That's it!


No comments:

Post a Comment