Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another day, another recipe

I was tempted to post about the "most dramatic rose ceremony ever" but I just can't bring myself to it. After all, that's what ABC wants isn't it, the hype, the ratings, the endless chatter about the show? Well phooey on you ABC. Yes, I watched the show but I think I'm less of a person for doing so. Jason is a player, Molly is blind, and Melissa was the not-so-naive victim. They'll allow just enough time between this finale and the next installment for us to all forgive and forget. Many will, some won't, but the show will still go on.

Now onto better things - FOOD! I wanted to share another quick and easy recipe that we tried earlier this week. The recipe was another one from the most recent Cooking Light and they're really starting to prove me wrong with their flavorful, yet low-caloric meals. The recipe was Pork Tenderloin with Salty Sweet Glaze. After just rereading the recipe, I realize that I didn't follow the recipe exactly as written. I sliced the tenderloin into 1/2-inch pieces before putting it in the skillet. Apparently that was to be done after removing the cooked meat from the oven. No worries, mine just cooked much faster which was great since I was behind in getting the meal to the table. A word of caution, watch the marinade after you remove it from the heat! I had to reheat my saucepan to be able to even get my spoon in there to stir it. And then at cleanup, it had hardened again and I just boiled some water in the pan. It's very sticky and hardens quickly, so just keep that in mind. Although I did use Agave, the recipe indicates you can substitute maple syrup. I think I would have liked a little more sauce but what I did have was great. Another easy, yet tasty meal to add to my never-to-be-seen-again list of favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment