Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Freeze Frame

Ever since Colin was born I've been experiencing faults with my camera. I have a relatively new Canon PowerShot, which up until 19 months ago, was a perfectly acceptable camera. The unfortunate thing about it is the lag-time between when you push the button to take the picture and when the camera actually takes the photo. When you're trying to capture the actions of a small child during their many milestones, you don't have the luxury of waiting 5-10 seconds for the camera to finally take the picture. And by the time you finally get to take a second picture, the infant has no doubt decided not to perform any more tricks right then. So I longed for a camera with a faster shutter speed. After hearing others rave over their DSLR cameras, I began looking on Ebay for a steal. Well I found one and am now the proud owner of a Canon Rebel! I was so anxious to try it this weekend and I felt like such a professional as I snapped everything in sight. I must admit, I love the clicking noise it makes when you snap a photo, thus, contributing to the professional photographer feel. I had a very willing subject as I began my quest to be the next Nigel Barker - you might not have guessed but it was Wes! After his posing he said, "Let me guess, these will be showing up on your blog, right?" Oh you know me so well! Without further ado, I present my first attempt at my new career, using my ever-willing subject! If anyone would like to hire either of us, you know where to find me!!










8 comments:

  1. Gisele has nothing on Wes! (Although that last picture kind of frightens me). Seriously, you are going to LOVE this camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm glad you found a good deal! Love the model!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need a new camera, too. I was hopeing to get one with my Christmas money. Maybe I'll check out ebay. Love the pics of Wes! Crystal had her baby tonight around 7:30. Jonah William. 6 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...Wes is looking GOOOOD in those pics. I'll be sure to share with Jason!

    Love,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! My sister-in-law swears by her Canon Rebel, she's had people even ask her to shoot their weddings after they see some of her family pictures. Based on your first photo shoot with Wes, I'd say you are well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my brother is so crazyyy! i love you all ! --shaina

    ReplyDelete
  7. my brother is so crazyyy! i love you all ! --shaina

    ReplyDelete
  8. my brother is so crazyyy! i love you all ! --shaina

    ReplyDelete