Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

These cookies were too good to be this easy!


One of my blog heroines is Anna at Cookie Madness. How in the world this lady can bake every day and still a) be alive and b) stay thin, is beyond me! I would love to have the time to bake every day but right now that is just not a possibility. Maybe if I could find more recipes like this one that are so easy, I could bake every day! So, thanks Anna for another great recipe.

Wheat Free Vegan Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup rice flour (I used non-bleached white)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons applesauce (I used a blueberry applesauce - yum)
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup extra crunchy peanut butter (generous) – (I used regular and added almonds)
1/3 cup chopped up semi-sweet chocolate or vegan chips

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Grind oats in processor. Add rice flour, baking soda and salt and pulse to mix.

Stir oil and both sugars together in a medium bowl. It’s okay to do this with a spoon – no need to pull out the electric mixer. Beat in applesauce, peanut butter and vanilla. Add rice flour/oat mixture and stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks.

Using about 2 tablespoons of dough, form dough into balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 11-12 minutes (the longer, the crunchier the edges). Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely.

Makes about 6 cookies

Notes: You can use a little less oil and add more applesauce if you wish.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, and for visiting! It is much appreciated. As to the recipe for the Berries and Cream Tart, it's going to be published in my upcoming cookbook, Sweet Freedom. I've decided to post photos of the recipes on the blog as I wrap up the manuscript and get ready for print so that people will have an idea of what to expect. I will include some recipes occasionally, though (such as the PB chocolate chip cookies that follow the berry tart). You can also find other recipes--many gluten-free--on my other blog, Diet, Dessert and Dogs.

    These cookies look smashing, by the way--so glad I found your blog via your comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it Danielle! Dairy free and now we have peanuts back! I'll have to try these.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete