Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to wish all you wonderful mothers out there a belated Happy Mother's Day. You don't get enough praise and recognition for all that you do! The world is a better place because of great mothers like you, so give yourself a pat on the back.

I will be celebrating my Mother's Day a week late, this Saturday. Wes has a surprise planned for me and I'm sure it will be wonderful. We were supposed to do whatever it is Derby weekend, but we couldn't because of the weather. Does this mean something outside?? One would certainly think so. I'll let you know.

Colin wanted to give me a special gift on my first Mother's Day. He wanted to spend as much time with me as he could. That means getting up at 5:30am! He did take 2 brief naps but after the second one, he was cranky and mad.

We went to Louisville for brunch with my Mom and Dad. The weather was crummy but it was nice to be with them. Colin slept most of the way up, which was nice. We went to Limestone for their buffet. This was the second year we've done that and we all agreed that this year was somewhat of a letdown. Perhaps our palates are more refined now (: The best part of the trip was after lunch we went to visit my friend, Sara, and her newborn baby, Alexandra Grace. She is so tiny and so precious! It brought back lots of memories - especially the ones regarding sleep, or lack there of. Apparently Alexandra has her days and nights mixed up and is wide awake from midnight on. Her dad threatened to go sleep in the driveway in order to get some sleep. I'm right there with you! It will get better! Here's a picture of baby Alexandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment