Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hawaiian Delight


As I was typing the title, all I could think about was Colin's baby food. Yes, there is a flavor called Hawaiian Delight that I just bought a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't gotten to try the new sensation but if it's half as tasty as this recipe, he's in a for a real treat! Having such a big sweet tooth, I've heard of and sampled a lot of sweets. However, when I came across this recipe for Pineapple Pie, I must admit I had never heard of such. I had just made Pineapple Upside-Down cake a week or so ago and everyone, especially my Dad, really enjoyed it so I thought I'd give this one a whirl. It was fantastic! Thanks, Ashlee for another great recipe. Just as Ashlee did, I used a fresh pineapple with it's juices, instead of canned (Who would want canned when you could have it fresh?!). This is another easy one so you should definitely try it if you like pineapple.

Mary Jane's Killer Pineapple Pie

1 can crushed pineapple with juice (8 oz.)
1 can pineapple chunks with juice (8 oz.)
*I used 2 cups of fresh pineapple, finely chopped with juice*
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup flour
2 pie crust shells (homemade or store bought)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine pineapple and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in butter until melted. Add cinnamon and nutmeg, stirring continuously until spices are completely incorporated into mixture.In a separate bowl, whisk water and flour together. Strain if mixture has lumps. Add to pineapple mixture and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly until thick. Pour into a pie shell, cover with another and bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment