Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Slow Down, You're Moving Too Fast!


I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad. Colin is quicly approaching one of the biggest milestones in a baby's career and I'm just not sure I'm ready for this graduate level just yet. So here are the sequence of events with pictures to help guide you. Wednesday, after many trials and tribulations, Colin sits up on his own from a crawling position.
Yea, we were so proud of him. He had been trying to accomplish this trick for days so we were so pleased he was able to conquer this obstacle. Thursday we get to witness yet another one of my traits coming out in him - impatience! He proceeds on up to his knees from the sitting position. Again, we thought this was so cute and another great milestone. Then Friday, we were all sitting in the floor playing when horror of horrors, he used my hair and my shirt to stand up on his own! It was like I was having an out of body experience because I just couldn't believe my eyes. I quickly grabbed and squeezed him thinking that might keep the baby inside, thus prolonging this stage a little longer. I have since learned that nothing I do, no squeezing, no holding him down, is going to stop him from learning and growing. He has so much energy and so much drive and I have to just accept and be proud of that. My little boy is growing up! Yes, I know he's only 9 months but he's grown so much in these months.
After witnessing the great feats on Friday night, Wes and I rushed out to Babies R Us on Saturday to purchase our first baby gate, because one other little factoid about Colin, he's fearless! He tries to take nose dives off the couch, off the bed, out of our arms, and off the changing table (Wes), with no regard. This morning I went to get him out of his crib and he was up on his knees, holding on to the side rail, peering over like what's down there? I guess it's time to lower the mattress too! This is all happening too quickly! I hope you can follow the series of events in the pictures. These two are just funny to me and give you a firsthand view of how he likes to use Wes and I as an obstacle course. You probably can't tell but Colin is biting Daddy's nose in the first picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment