Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm such a sucker!

I've officially done it! I've submitted to peer pressure and am starting one of these dreaded blogs. I swore I'd never do it, but here I am. At least it's not a MySpace page, which I have vehemently sworn off. I figure this will be an easy way for me to keep everyone up to date on Colin's newest accomplishments, as well as what's going on with Wes and I.

Colin's latest and greatest is that he has officially become a big boy and is sleeping in his crib! That's right, without the car seat. He had been telling us for a couple of days in his own squirming way that he was ready for more room. It took Wes and I a few days to get it (dumb parents) but we're so glad we did. As Granny says, now he can stretch out and grow. Yes, apparently the car seat prohibited him from growing. Kinda like how Chinese women squeeze their feet in size 5 shoes because they don't want their feet to grow and larger. Perhaps this would have kept him a baby forever! Speaking of which, he is growing too fast. He's already 15 weeks old and where has the time gone? I have scrapbook pages to do, newborn clothes to put away, art projects to do that I haven't even begun! Maybe by the time he's in preschool I will have completed 1 page of his scrapbook. I did write a poem in my head at 2am yesterday morning as I fed him. Wes said I'm crazy but hey, what else are you going to do at 2am?!
(This was Colin's not so subtle attempt to tell us he was ready to stop sleeping in his car seat. I'm not sure you can tell from the picture but his head is resting in the car seat and his body is down in the crib!)

I'm thinking I might also steal another bloggers idea and post my weekly menus - both for your enjoyment and to encourage you to share yours in the comment section. Hopefully I can get ideas from you and vice versus. Wes says that my cooking has become more gourmet since the little guy arrived. I'm thinking that's because all I think about it food! My body has forgotten that I'm no longer pregnant and that I'm not supposed to be eating for 2 anymore. I think I'll post my menus on Friday for the next week. We'll see how it goes and if there is any interest.

Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment