Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

It's Been A Long Time

Hello, friends!  I hope you haven't all given up on me, but I wouldn't blame you if you had.  I appreciate all the comments and emails checking in on me to make sure things were okay.  Yes, everything is just fine, I just needed a break.  

You see, this little blog started as a way for me to share the things "I" enjoy and it spiraled into my trying to post things I thought "YOU" would enjoy.  While I am all about pleasing others, I don't want to do it to the point that it becomes something I am not.  I want to be real.  That will mean pictures that are not gallery quality.  That will mean parenting tales that aren't all smiles and giggles.  And that will mean that when I feel like I need to take a break to be with my family, I won't feel guilty for not posting a certain number posts each week.  I'll do the best I can and hopefully inspire you, make you laugh, and maybe even educate you along the way.  Here's to a fresh start!

I've missed you all!  Even though I haven't been posting, I've still been reading your blogs, sometimes just as a lurker, but still staying up in your business.  I'm too nosey to quit it all together.  Well, nosey and genuinely interested!  I've bookmarked countless recipes from your various blogs, smiled at countless family photos, laughed at many videos, and been inspired by so many DIY and home projects/improvements.  While the blog world can be overwhelming and make me feel somewhat inferior at times, I am truly amazed at the skill and talent level of the bloggers I've found along the way.

Here are some of the things I've spied over the last few months.  We'll catch up soon on our summer fun and daily life happenings.  I plan to do a whole post on recent recipes we've drooled over.  Until then, be inspired!

Is there a more serene looking place than this?  I'm not sure I'd ever be able to leave once I got there.  How could this be so close to me, yet I've never heard about it.  Southern Living, you're letting me down!




Colin's teacher is expecting and I'm already on the hunt for the perfect gift.  Isn't this the cutest baby book?  They sure didn't make them like this 6 years ago!




Is this not the most awesome-ist party ever?  Wouldn't you be so psyched if you walked in and saw this?  I'm not sure I'd ever leave this room.  Game?  What game?

 

Just when you think there are no honest people left in the world (you haven't met my husband if you believe this!), someone goes and does something that truly moves you.  What a wonderful ending to a wonderful story!  This makes me slightly less cynical.


 
On that note, I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.  The weather here has been absolutely perfect and I'm hoping it continues through the weekend.  I'm off to a lovely local winery for a dinner in the vines!  Sure to be a great time!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So glad you came back!! For the record, I'll read whatever you post, I love staying all up in your business too : ) I'm drooling over all of your links, but that party spread is amazing!! I need to encourage someone I know to be that ambitious, ha.

    ReplyDelete