Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

FYI Friday

1.  I know I'm not alone in my hatred of folding a fitted sheet.  Well, leave it to Martha to make it look so easy.  To make myself feel better, she probably hasn't folded a sheet since her days in the slammer.  She has some minion to do it for her.  

2.  I seem to have plenty of ideas for play during the week while I'm at work and can't actually play.  But once the weekend comes and I'm confronted with the oh-so-coveted free time, I feel somewhat paralyzed as to what to do.  I've thought (and should) about writing the ideas down as they come to me, but I convince myself they probably won't sound as fun when I actually have time.  I'm sure I'd rather do something else, like cook, clean, watch tv - you know, the boring stuff.  So, even though it's a bit daunting in length, this post with the 10 Best Pinterest Boards for Play seems like it would be a great resource for me!

3.  If I lived in NYC, I'd be sick from all the eating out I would feel like I had to do.  Being a pseudo vegetarian/vegan, my options are somewhat limited here in the Dirty South (read:  meat and potato land!).  A few hundred miles northeast, however, the options are seemingly endless.  Just feast your eyes on this beautiful specimen of sushi, vegan sushi, that is.  Who knew this even existed?  I do now and I want it!

via

4.  If I had a million dollars...sing along with me now.  Anywho, I've always loved seeing fun, creative spaces for kids.  I guess it's because I wish I would have had something super cool like that or maybe it's just the fact that I'm still a kid at heart.  Seriously though, look at these amazing spaces!  I might have even developed into a reader if I had that second room :)





5.  Wes and I are headed here this weekend for a post-Valentine's celebration.  To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement!  See #3 above for the lack of vegetarian options.  This place has something for everyone.  What a concept.  We're also going to check out this cool market place that I've heard great things about.  


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the fitted sheet thing. I'm not sure I ever do it the same way twice. I usually just try to match up the corners, fold them inside each other, then wad it up in a big mess and stuff it in the drawer. Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete