Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 Whirlwind of a Christmas


I don't think I will ever get over not having a legitimate Christmas break.  I can deal with the lack of a 2-month summer break much easier than I can deal with only getting one stinking day off at Christmastime.

Every year when people ask how our Christmas was, I don't even think before I answer, "Great!"  The truth is, it is such a blur that I'm not sure there's even time to enjoy it.  Yes, I certainly do enjoy the short amount of time with my family, the joy and excitement on the boys' eyes, the celebration of our Lord and Savior, but how can you legitimately cram that into 24 hours?

Christmastime is about laying low and just being in the same space with the ones you love.  It's about listening, playing, sharing, cooking, and just enjoying each others company.  Although I don't get much time, I try to make the best of what I have and I'm learning to appreciate even the little bit.  I know there are some who would love to have just 1 hour, let alone 24 hours.  I feel for those people.  I'm learning to expand our togetherness throughout the month of December (weekends, of course) so that I can get more in and have that feeling of the holidays last a little longer.

Part of our prior holiday fun was when some friends of ours came over dressed as Mr. & Mrs. Claus.  I will never forget the look of awe on Colin's face as he saw Santa walking up to our back door.


Colin refused to sit on his lap, but reluctantly agreed to stand by him.


Meanwhile, Sawyer had no qualms about it and although he refused to smile, he agreed to sit as long as he could.


The face didn't change when Mrs. Claus came.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment