Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days 14-18

Today's thankful post is all about my amazing husband.  When I really stop and think about all that he does for our family, I realize just how much I take for granted.  In an effort to show my appreciation and sincere gratitude for him, here are some of the things that often go unnoticed that I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful that he warms my car for me in the mornings when it's cold outside.  Our new house's garage is barely standing and we choose not to park in it.  That leaves our cars exposed to the elements and it doesn't take too many mornings of a cold tush to realize how much we took our old garage for granted.  Well, my tush isn't quite as cold thanks to my thoughtful and caring husband.

2.  I am thankful that he has taken care of the diaper pail since the day Colin was born.  Sure, I've taken out a bag here and there, but for the most part that's his thing and I am incredibly relieved I don't have to smell stale urine every week!

3.  I am thankful that he does the dishes every night without complaining.  I'm not sure how the whole cycle ever started but his thought process is, I cook the food, the least he can do is clean the dishes.  Amen to that!  I realize not everyone thinks that way, but I sure am glad he does.

4.  I am thankful that he eats the food I put in front of him without complaining.  Not only does he eat the food (now mostly vegetarian), he compliments some aspect of it every meal.  There aren't too many men out there that would be willing to cut out steak and burgers as willingly as he has.  So I am impressed, relieved, and thankful that he has not only accepted it but understands and appreciates why we're doing it.  

5.  I am thankful for the daily love texts he sends.  Sometime throughout the day he sends me a short little note to tell me he loves me or something of the sort.  Just to know that he's thinking about me makes me smile.  It may be short and sweet but it makes my heart flutter every time my phone dings.  

I seriously could go on and on but I'll refrain.  What are you most thankful about in regards to your spouse or loved one?  Have you told them you appreciate them lately?  Guaranteed to put a smile on your face and warm their heart.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This post is the sweetest :) My husband is pretty good about doing the dishes too, and I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete