Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days 11, 12, 13

I am thankful for unexpected warm days that allow us to get outside and do things we don't normally get to do in the middle of November.  It's amazing how much pinned up energy kids can run off just by going to the park!  And how much a little fresh air improves everyone's mood (:





I am thankful for the momentary parental breakthroughs I have from time to time.  One that doesn't always work but is pure bliss when it does is the attempt at a nap for Colin.  He thinks he's way past napping but sometimes momma knows best.  After a fitful attempt to complete a homework assignment, I knew he was exhausted and told him he needed to go take a rest in his room.  He cried, protested, and did all the things I fully expected him to do, but I persisted and told him he didn't have to go to sleep but he had to sit in his bed quietly with 2 books.  What do you know?  He slept for 3 hours and was SO proud that he had slept as long as his baby brother.  Will he remember that the next time I ask him to rest?  Let's not get carried away!

I am thankful for productive days.  I thrive on productivity so when I'm able to mark several things off my endless to-do list, it puts a smile on my face.  It's exhilarating to me to be able to get so much done in one setting.  I love prepping for next week's meals on the weekend and this weekend was no exception.  During the aforementioned 3 hour nap (break), I was able to bake an apple pie, prepare 2 complete meals, and make some granola bars for Colin's lunch.  Not only was I able to get a lot done, the sense of accomplishment put me in a better frame of mind since I didn't have anything hanging over my head - win, win!

Photobucket

1 comment: