Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

August Foodie Penpal

After getting totally ignored last month, I was more than thrilled to receive my Foodie Penpal treasure box this month!  And treasure it was.  I always feel a little guilty when I have to tell my pal that I prefer non-processed, healthy, vegan foods.  I know that throws a wrench in their shopping but I would hate to waste the items that they might purchase otherwise.  

This month, Leigh Ann did a fabulous job meeting our families needs.  There was literally something in the box for each of us.  Some of the products we know and love, but many were totally new to me, which I love!  I love trying new things and can't wait to dig into some of them.  See that "Heart Thrive" goody on the far left, that was one of the first things I pulled out and was thrilled and excited to see that it's also vegan!  It is (was) an apricot-flavored energy bar and there are 2 adorable heart shaped bars inside.  I have never seen these before but Leigh Ann said she just got them at her local grocery store.  The grocery stores in Florida must be more hip than the ones in Kentucky!  

Colin has been begging me for one of those honey sticks every time we go to the Farmer's Market and I've never bought him one.  He was beyond excited to see one for each of us in the box!  He's also a big fan of the "Pirate's Booty" snacks, so he was glad to see that bag as well.  

Leigh Ann also included a recipe from her trainer for Baked Oatmeal, which was very thoughtful.  I love oatmeal anyway you give it to me, so I know this will be a hit.  

Leigh Ann, I can't thank you enough for all the goodies and the effort you put into putting my box together.  You redeemed my faith in humanity after my last "pal" dissed and lied to me last month.  Thanks for making it up to me (:

If you are interested in joining the Foodie Penpal program, here's a brief overview and a link to follow to sign up.

-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment