Since it's Friday, I'm in weekend mode and therefore can't think of anything else. You know, once you become a mother your multi-tasking gene gets kicked into overdrive and you learn that you have to complete the task at hand, lest you'll end up on 15 different tangents, all while wondering what it was you were originally doing.
So as to not distract my little mind from the blissful, serene, obedient children, and otherwise perfect weekend it's creating, I'll share with you 7 things about myself that you've always wanted to know! You can thank Renee at Attack of the Hungry Monster for passing along the "Tell Me About Yourself" award.
7 glorious things that you'll probably wish you never knew:
1) I am the queen of returns. My husband jokes (firmly believes) that I but things just so I can return them. I can't help it. Maybe I'm a hasty buyer but I think it's the little gnomes that come out of the Target shelves and talk to your sub-conscience as you're shopping. What? You don't think they exist? Have you ever left Target with only the $5 razor you went in for? I rest my case.
2) I don't remove my makeup before I go to bed. Nope. Never have. I would try to give you a reason but I have none. I'm just lazy and I covet my sleep. I don't want anything to come between me and my sweet, sweet pillow! Yes, my white pillowcase is hardly white but he's just as soft as ever. I have done the whole nightly routine thing a time or two but I saw no visable differences the next morning (i.e. Heidi Klum was not staring back at me in the mirror), so I opted to stick to my old ways.
3) I tell my mom everything. Well maybe not everything but there are very few things she doesn't know about me. It's always been that way and I assume it always will. She is my best friend and I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit it. When I was a teenager and everyone else had their angst towards their mother, I was happily hand-in-hand with mine. I talk to her several times a day and I wouldn't have it any other way!
4) I haven't seen a movie in nearly 4 years. That's not an invitation to a pity party, rather a testament of my feelings towards movies. I'm generally not a fan. I don't like to sit still that long and I usually forget them 1 day after watching them, so I think they're a waste of my time. In high school, a girlfriend and I would use a highly scientific method to select movies. Brace yourself, this will tell you a lot about my scholastic fortitude. If there was a hot guy and we hadn't already seen it, that was the movie for us! Hall Pass anyone? T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E movie and to boot? Only mediocre guys. Waste.
5) I am extremely cold-natured but I have sweaty hands and feet. TMI? Perhaps but I'm just working on the whole "opening up" thing. It's true though, my sister would never hold my hand in church when we had to "all join hands" she would refuse. Of course that's only if she would even sit by me on that given Sunday. I loved my sister and she only liked me. I was only allowed to sit by her if she was in a good mood. Later in my sorority days, I had a friend who would only hold my wrist for fear of facing the sweaty palms. Thank goodness Wes doesn't mind my flaw. I'm sure this is some medical condition indicating some hormonal level being out of whack but I prefer to just keep sweatin' it out.
7) I was overcome with emotion and inspiration after reading this yesterday. I love doing things for other people but sometimes I need a little reminder that I should do it more often. This post not only had me in tears by the end, it had me ready to take on the world, one random act at a time. I decided not to wait until my birthday (what she had done) to get started. I used my lunch break yesterday to get a gas card. I drove to my mom's house, parked down the street a little so she couldn't see me, sneaked up her driveway and into her garage, and put the gas card, with a note that read, "I don't know what I'd do without you" on her windshield wiper. She transports my children a lot and I thought that was the least I could do. I can't wait to come up with more ideas for non-suspecting recipients!
If you've stayed this far, you're either very nosey or really want to get to know me. Either way, I applaud your efforts and thank you. Hopefully it was all you ever hoped for and more.
Now I'd love to hear from you. I'm supposed to pass this on to 15 other bloggers but I'd love to read any of your 7 things.