Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday

How is it Thursday already, blah, blah, blah.  Let's get right to it.

1)  Service people who actually return your phone call.  It must be nice to have more business than you know what to do with and decide who and when you're going to work.  Can I get a job like that?  I had to contact 3 people before I finally got someone who was willing to come to my house to do a few odd jobs.  I'm a paying customer, just show up!

2)  Etsy.  I really haven't purchased much from there in the past but I've found a couple of really creative and artistic women on there who are great to work with (unlike the service mentioned in #1).  I'm in the midst of planning Colin's birthday party and I'm so impressed with the stores I've found.  I'll share them all in due time.  

I do find the sorting and searching a bit overwhelming but my persistence paid off this time.

3.  Smoothies.  I've been on a make-your-own-smoothie kick lately.  I like to hide things in there so that I can't taste it but still get the nutrients.  My favorite mixture is spinach, banana, mango, some type of berry, plain Greek yogurt, almond milk, and a tablespoon of chia seeds.  I like to keep it sort of thick and then I pour it into a bowl and stir in a couple tablespoons of raw oats.  If you let it sit for a while, the oats become mushy and it makes it like a super thick oatmeal.  It might sound odd (it certainly does to most of my coworkers who constantly comment on the green color) but it's quite tasty and nutritious.  Don't knock it until you've tried it!

What are you thankful for?  Link up at Black Tag Diaries.

3 comments:

  1. Etsy is so great. So are smoothies. I've been doing a similar thing for Logan with spinach and flax seed oil, though I need to make them for myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Etsy and I've just started to become familiar with "green" smoothies. I'm started out easy with lots of fruit and a little bit of greens, but then as I move up, I'm evening up the ratio a little bit =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmm smoothies...I don't make enough of them!

    ReplyDelete