Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How Sweet It Is

The shower is over.  All my hard work and preparations have come to a close.  I was happy with the way everything turned out and I honestly wasn't that stressed the day of the event.  I was able to get somuch done the day before that allowed me to enjoy the actual event.  The bride was happy, so I accomplished my main goal.  Here is the day in pictures.  WARNING:  There are a lot of them! 
The mantel with banner

Me, the bride (Kristina), and Brooke.  The 3 of us lived together post college (they were in pharmacy and law school). 
The drinks - cranberry/pomegranate mimosas
All of the food/drink had love-themed titles.
Water with labels for the pregnant, non-drinking guests.
Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Jam
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


Turkey & Brie Wraps with cherry preserves
My personal favorite, sugar cookies!

Cupcakes with toppers
Favors to go.  I had to do something with all those extra sugar cookies!!
In case you didn't notice the theme/pattern, each of the dishes were red in some way.  If you didn't notice, you're not alone.  I think that was one detail that went unnoticed by everyone except me.  At least it was a way to get my creative juices flowing!  

There were a few other details that I didn't get pictures of, like this paper heart garland I had on 2 of the windows.
 What's funny is that I had about a dozen recipes bookmarked as ideas for the shower and I didn't use a single one!  I thought the ones I did choose were all very good and I'd make them all again.  I think the favorite was the Strawberry Walnut Bread but the Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Jam was the favorite in our house (Colin ate 4 of them!).  Somehow I couldn't find links to any of them except the crostini and hummus, so watch for upcoming posts with the other recipes. 

Thanks for humbling me and reading this far (:

16 comments:

  1. Everything looks awesome! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so great and I bet everyone had a wonderful time! You are so creative - puts my recent attempt at a shower to shame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks gorgeous!! You did such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle - it looks AWESOME!! I should have you plan all of my parties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can be a decorator/event coordinator in your next career. Everything looks totally awesome; I bet it all tasted that way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea to give your food and drinks lovey names! You're so creative! And that's why you do things like have showers for people...and I do things like attend them.

    Stina looks great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an AMAZING job, everything looks fabulous! Love all the cute food names!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out beautifully! Great job! The food looked delish and the theme was great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this theme--you did such a great job tying it into everything and decorating. Looks like ya'll had a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable theme! I love every single bit of it. The decor and the creative food labels, are just cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just lovely!! I swear that in my next life I want to be an event planner, I love the details most people hate : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow! You did such a great job, everything turned out perfect. You have one lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this post deserves it's own comment... this all looks AMAZING. love all the cute little sayings for all of the food and drinks... brilliant... simply brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it - you did such a great job with all the details and are such a great friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Danielle! It's Rachel from polkadotsandpuppies.blogspot.com :)

    Love, love love this shower you threw! Well done!

    I wasn't sure how to contact you about the pajama pizzeria party without your email so I thought I'd just comment here. Regarding the pizza puzzles, I got those at Michael's in their "value" section. They were $3 each, and I saw that my local Michael's still had several a couple days ago, so I hope you can find them. The favors for the little guys weren't pizza-related (couldn't find anything age-appropriate). They were just plush little toys from IKEA. The rolling pins also came from Michael's. Good luck with your party. I'm so glad you found me! I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete