Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Little Boy Blue

A few weeks ago I posted a progress report for both me and Little Boy Blue. I failed to attach any images because I forgot they had given me a cd with the pictures from the ultrasound. Well here I am over a month later to share the pics with you. I could blame it on a lot of things but at the top of the list is forgetfulness (that won't go away). Here he is in all his glory. I believe he would have been about 18-19 weeks at this point and he weighed like 9oz.

Now for the scary alien-like 3-D image. I'm not particularly a fan of these but she did it before I could protest. I'll admit it is pretty amazing to get to see an image like this.


And while we're on the topic, I wanted to share a post from another blogger who provides a lot of humor to many of my thoughts and feelings regarding pregnancy. Here's the link if you're feeling the need for a laugh. This is her first pregnancy but I've reassured her most of her observations apply no matter what number you're on.

Now for my updates.
- I'm getting really large but some days I feel bigger than others.
- My belly button has popped but to be fair it never went back in after Colin.
- Bending over is becoming increasingly more difficult. Take for instance today when I was taking a walk and some nice guy decided to let me cross in front of his truck. I go to wave in appreciation and knock my cellphone out of my other hand. So here I am in the middle of a fairly busy street, having to bend over to get my cellphone. I was just praying I wouldn't have to pick up a million pieces but my hair was in my face and it took me a while to determine that it was, in fact, still in one piece. I literally picked it up and ran across the street.
- We still don't have a definite name but we've marked a lot off the list. It goes something like this. I make a suggestion to Wes and he quickly says no. I've basically given up and am just waiting on him to tell me the final verdict.
- Colin is still convinced the baby's name will be Pete. He asked when Pete would be here and seemed very perplexed when I told him that wasn't going to be his name. I told him he could call him that and that seemed to appease him for the moment.
- The little guy is moving and kicking at more frequent intervals and with more force. This must be a growing stage for both he and I (of course I can't remember) because I've been feeling a lot of stretching.

Those are the only things that come to mind right now. Oh and his room has made no progress. What's the hurry, July is still a long ways away, right?!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, friend! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, May 3 is NOT that far away, and we're still waiting on furniture. Of course, that requires us to wait on other aspects of the room. Seriously, the Fates are against me. Even when I try not to procrastinate, it seems it happens by default. Good thing our little man won't care/remember/notice if his room isn't completely finished by the time he gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't help but laugh about the bending over story! :) I think it's cute that Colin wants to call him Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dropping your cell in the middle of the street sounds like something i would do...

    your new little one looks beautiful already!

    funny that Colin has already named his little brother Pete -little man is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was SOOO uncoordinated when I was pregnant! I dropped my cell phone over and over and over again. In fact, I specifically remember dropping it on the night I went into labor. Thank goodness it seems to have survived so far!

    Love the pregnancy updates - keep them coming and more pics of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those 3D pictures are SO cool! I bet the nickname Pete will stick - how cute!

    ReplyDelete