Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall Leaves



I was trying to explain to Colin what fall meant and the best 2-year old explanation I could come up with is that fall is when the leaves fall off the trees. Surprisingly, I think he bought it and actually understood.

My lesson with jumping in a big pile of leaves wasn't as well received. With the unseasonably warm weather this weekend, we took advantage and played outside for a bit. I thought it would be fun to teach him to jump in leaves, all while I tried to capture the moment on film (might have known I would have to bring the camera!). He couldn't figure out the "jump" part and thought it was just as fun to walk through the leaves and listen to the crinkling. So the next 20 minutes were spent with me piling up the leaves, Colin walking through them to destroy my pile, and me being ordered to build the pile again. Actually the abundant lady bugs were of more interest to him than anything else. He just cracked up watching them march up and down the tree trunk. I suppose that is pretty exciting for a 2-year old.


2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - he is SO cute! i love him holding the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that second picture is ridiculously cute!!

    ReplyDelete