Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

New Regiment

After 2 cycles of Jillian's Shred, I was bored and becoming very unmotivated. I found myself skipping days and trying to make up any excuse I could think of to put it off. I saw that a friend was doing this Couch Potato to 5K program and I was intrigued. For whatever reason, running is something I've always wanted to do - probably because I've never been able to run longer than 2 seconds. Yes, I'm a weakling.

I'm excited to say that I've completed the first week and have started week 2. Each week is available as a podcast and I've found that to be very convenient. It's nice to not have to watch the clock and just have someone tell you when to walk and when to run. It's something fresh and new and I'm totally motivated to complete it. I actually look forward to my "run" 3 times a week. I know it's early and a lot can change, but for now I hold on to that feeling!

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to be a runner too!!! Thanks for posting this (maybe I'll take it up in a few months!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This sounds like fun. Good luck to you. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun isn't it? I'm on week 4 and my knee is really bothering me. I'm going to try a brace to see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i printed this out too!
    i've been wanting to do it!
    good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it!!

    I actually just ordered Jillian's 30-day Shred in honor of the BL season premiere tonight. I'm the opposite of you ... I need to do something other than running for a little while - my goal is to do "other cardio" a couple days a week (run, spin class) and then her workouts 3 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try this too and told Jason that once this baby gets here, I'm going to do it! We'll see if that holds true once the reality of two kiddos sets in -ha!

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love running! I started about 9 months after I had Carter. I didn't do a program, but I worked my way into it and found that the longer I ran, the easier it was. I have a goal of running a 5K and beyond. Maybe we can do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it! I have a friend who did this about 9 months ago and since then she has run (and completed) two marathons!

    ReplyDelete