Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Fun

We finally got to use the monkey pool for the second time this summer. With the crazy weather, vacation, and busy lives, this was only the second weekend of the entire summer that we were able to play in the pool. Colin has come a long way this summer in terms of the water. He's gone from hating the bathtub and certainly the pool to loving them both. Now it's a battle to pry him out of either of them. As someone recently told me, "swimming is a universal thing amongst kids." I wouldn't hav
e believed that last year but now I certainly do.

Although Colin despises the camera and vehemently tells me "NO" whenever I even so much as suggest getting it out, I was able to snap a few shots of him today frolicking in the pool. He had a great time and I had a great time watching him. His happiness is truly contagious and just puts a smile on my face! Now if I can just find a way to smile when he asks me "where are we going" for the 47th time in 5 minutes1





3 comments:

  1. Glad to see he likes the water now! You got some great shots. You have a repeater too? It's hard to smile sometimes when they're saying/asking the same thing over and over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the monkey pool, the picture of him kissing the monkey is so cute!

    You are killing me with all the sweet dessert recipes, for the love of... you must stop. no don't. okay just had to tell you that your post on the butterscotch pie forced me (yes.forced!me) to run to Ramsey's for a delicious slice of the ooey gooey goodness and now i'm back in KC and have no Ramsey's down the street to run to (tear!) does Missy's Pies ship???

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that first pic....you caught the water splashing and all.

    i'm hoping to get ella a small pool this weekend even though summer is almost over.

    ReplyDelete