Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strawberry Pickin'

We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather this weekend and went to pick strawberries. Colin is a lover of any kind of berry so I knew he'd be in heaven. My sister and 2 of her 3 joined us. The kids all thoroughly enjoyed it - but why wouldn't they, it's basically a big Easter egg hunt to find the red eggs (strawberries). I'm not sure Wes' or my waistlines are very appreciative of the extra poundage the homemade strawberry shortcakes have caused but they just taste so darn good. And for any of you that have never had a strawberry right off the vine, you're missing out. One taste and you'll wonder what those red things are in the grocery store.

If you don't want to pick yourself, they have pre-picked ones for sale in their store. We went to Boyd's Orchard but I understand there are other local orchards that have the same deal.


For some reason, this picture reminds me of Laura Ingles running through the fields.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Wish we could have been there to go with you :) Wonder if there will be any good Georgia peaches to pick up on our way to FL?? Yum, yum....

    Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete