Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pete and Repeat

As a parent, you're always looking ahead to the next big milestone and anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Despite the fact time flies, we can't seem to help ourselves from rushing these events. It's not really a conscious thing, I prefer to blame it on our predecessors, the books, the timelines, etc. If we didn't know what to expect, we'd just be content living in the moment...well maybe.

One of the milestones we couldn't wait for was talking. We tried to imagine what Colin's little voice would sound like, whether or not he'd have a speech impediment, and of course, what his first word would be. What we didn't so much plan for was the repeating stage. Well we're there now and let me tell you, it really makes you stop and think about the words coming out of your mouth, or should I say my mouth. Wes thinks this is great fun and takes pleasure in making Colin repeat what he thinks are funny, harmless words or phrases. He's right, at this stage of the game they are probably all harmless, but some things would be quite embarrassing and a little hard to explain if he said them to the wrong person. Here's an example of one of my favorites:

Daddy: Colin, say "boom, boom, pow" (from the Black-Eyed Peas)
Colin: bashful look, followed by the thumb in mouth

2 hours later...
Colin: "Boom, boom, pow!" - as he puts multiple pairs of shoes in a big box.

See what I'm dealing with here? I have to admit they both keep me laughing!


No comments:

Post a Comment