Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day One: Jello

Jillian did some serious damage on my muscles, or lack thereof, last night. I eagerly, well as eager as one can get about exercising military style, opened and began my newest workout regime last night. I had seen Jillian staring at me long enough from the kitchen counter and I was ready to show her who's boss. Honestly I didn't know what to expect. I do exercise some but I've also seen her on the Biggest Loser and that's enough to scare this mouse back in her hole.

She tries to start off all nice and stuff by telling you her patented 3-2-1 series. Silly me, I thought there'd be one set of 3-2-1. Oh no, that would have been way too easy. I think there were 3 but after the first one, I lost count, primarily because I could no longer feel my arms. Hello Jello! From the initial push-ups straight to lunges with weights over head, and then repeat, I was painfully reminded just how pathetic my poor arm muscles really are. Clearly an area that needs improvement for me.

Surprisingly, the rest of the workout wasn't that terrible. Don't get me wrong, I broke out in a full body sweat, could hardly walk down the stairs, and was ready to collapse afterwards, but it wasn't as bad as I had psyched myself up to believe it was going to be.

Here's to another 29 days. Why am I sitting here? Off for some more booty shaping fun.

3 comments:

  1. I still have yet to try the Shred, but I check out the DVD every time I'm in Target (which is embarrassingly often) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian is kicking my butt! I also have absolutely no arm strength, I only use 2 lb weights and I feel like my arms are going to fall off and my peck muscles, I would have never known I had those until the soreness arrived just after day 1. And those bicycle crunches at the end, omg! It is definitely a work out and I can see why it promises results. I would be happy with a 10 to 15 lb loss personally, so we'll see if it works. 27 days to go. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I found your blog! It's saved and I look forward to "catching up" with you often!!

    ReplyDelete