Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Will You Be My Valentine?

And just how could I resist with this precious face?! Valentine's has taken on new meaning now that I have another love in my life. Don't get me wrong, I love special surprises from Wes too, but good things do come in small packages!


So picture this: I was sitting at my desk minding my own business (probably reading someones blog) when I hear a noise. I look up and it's my precious Colin walking towards me with a pot of hyacinths as big as his head. He was so proud to be carrying something all by himself to give to his Mom-ma, as he so fondly calls me. I would have broken into tears except for the fact that I had all the eyes in the office on me. Wes said he asked Colin if he wanted to take the flowers to Mommy at work and Colin excitedly said "uh-huh!" So the entire way down here he would point at the flowers and say "Mom-ma". It meant the world to me that Wes thought of it and Colin executed the plan so well! Thanks to both of my boys for a very memorable Valentine's Day.


By the way, the picture above was staged this morning since I didn't have my camera ready on Friday. Even if I did, I wouldn't have been able to fully enjoy the moment if I was busy trying to snap the perfect picture. It will remain an image in my mind forever though!


1 comment: