Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Random Thoughts

Since I have several stories, none of which would merit their own separate post, I thought I'd do a hodge podge post. My first story, or rather announcement, is that I'm going to be an aunt again! My sister is due with a baby boy March 6th, however it looks like the little guy will be gracing us with his presence much before then. We've all taken our guess as to the arrival date and I've chosen February 28th. I think that's going to be pushing it (ha ha) but we shall see. More details and pictures to come.

Kids say the darnedest things. I look forward to the days when Colin starts putting things together and comes up with his own funny stories, although I'm in no hurry. For now, I get to enjoy my niece, Elise (6), and her hilarity. She was baking cupcakes with Grams yesterday to give to her class for her birthday. Grams asked if her science teacher was back yet and if she was feeling better. Elise said yes but her music teacher has been absent. Grams asked what was the matter with her and Elise's precious response was, "She's having her pencils taken out."

She has a tendency to speak very matter-of-factly and this was no exception. Grams asked, "Her pencils?"

Apparently pencils = appendix to a 6-year old!

Lastly, don't forget this Saturday is Valentine's Day. In case you haven't read my posts on certain Hallmark holidays, I'm not generally a fan. But if you need an excuse to do something special for your loved one, so be it and get to work, you've only got 5 days! Do something out of the box for you - perhaps a surprise, a home cooked meal, a personalized coupon book?? If you start the trend, your loved one is surely to follow suit...eventually!

1 comment: