Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Post Christmas Wrap-Up


Another Christmas come and gone. I love the Christmas season, the buildup, the anticipation, the lights, the smells, the hustle and bustle, but I hate how quickly it's gone! I hate when that last gift is taken from under the tree, when the last bite of Christmas breakfast and/or dinner is eaten, or the bareness that comes after taking down the decorations. We spend weeks getting ready for one day and then it's gone quicker than you can say ho, ho, ho!

I can't dwell on the negative with the new year quickly approaching. It's time to focus on a clean slate. I'm not one to make resolutions - you know, the ones that people make and break within the first month of the year?! I choose to make the most out of each day and hopefully become a better person along the way.

I do try to set goals for myself, not necessarily on January 1st but all throughout the year. One goal I'd like to attain is to give more to others. Wes and I took a goody bag to a needy new mother at the hospital on Christmas Day. Although I was nervous for some unknown reason, I was overcome with emotion when the nurse told me that there was a new mother who could use it. Wes and I both agreed we need to do things like that more often. It was a very humbling experience and there are people in need everyday, not just Christmas day.

I'd be remiss if I didn't post a few pictures of the Christmas festivities at our house. Colin isn't quite old enough to fully understand, although he does know Santa goes, "Ho, ho, ho"! He was confused that he was actually allowed to rip the paper. He kept looking up at us as if to say, "Are you sure it's OK?" We tried not to overload him with toys and presents. Wes' family more than made up for our slack!

He did great at Wes' parents house this time and slept better than we could have ever imagined. We've discovered the key is to wear him out and then he'll basically collapse when it's bedtime. Wes joked that we needed to adopt some kids to wear him out! It was refreshing to see him interact more with the other kids and not just cling to my leg. He's coming out of his shell a little and I think "school" has been the driving force behind that. He also loved the cat and dog but he can just keep loving them from afar because I don't need something else to keep up with right now! I failed to take my camera with me to Wes' house so the pictures below are just from our house on Christmas morning.

Colin with his new ball that sings and moves on it's own.

Colin giving his gift to Granny. He was really good at delivering the gifts.

Colin helping Grams by standing on her present!

Colin enjoying Daddy's gifts of hot chocolate and chocolate covered pretzels - might have know he'd find the food!

My Dad and Wes

My Mom and Granny

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a merry Christmas - Colin looks precious in his Christmas outfit!

    ReplyDelete