Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday


Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it, there's no shopping to be done by me today. Thanks to the NASD, the bond market is open today, thus I'm at work! Yippee! I suppose it's just as well because if I was at home, I'd probably feel some internal nudge to get up early with the other crazies, er people, and fight over a $9.99 Christmas tree that was regularly $10.49. That's a saving of nearly 50 cents that I wasted my precious sleep hours to get? Are you kidding me?! Who does that and more importantly, why? I realize there are better deals out there but those deals will be even better the day after Christmas when the poor-economy-stricken stores have blow-out sales to get rid of the merchandise they didn't sell. Now those sales I'll eagerly take part in! Am I a contradiction? Maybe but that's just how I roll.

I wanted to share some pictures from our Thanksgiving celebration. It was a long day but seeing family and having a great meal made it all worthwhile (at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself!). Colin must have been eager to get a start on Thanksgiving because he woke up bright and early at 6:15, after having cleaned out his system to presumably make room for his feast! Thanks, babe. Going back to sleep was not in the cards for this one. We were on the road by 9:30 and arrived to Wes' aunt and uncle's house a little before 1. Lunch was at 2 and we were back on the road a little after 4. Colin did sleep most of the way there but was past exhausted on the way home and decided to cry most of the way. Poor kid, he wanted out of the seat he had been sitting in 3/4 of the day and just wanted to lay in his own bed! He did go to sleep about an hour outside of Lexington and went to back to sleep once we got home. Based on the amount of driving, he was a trooper and did quite well.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too. I'm sure many of you are at home putting up your Christmas tree and other decorations. I'll be right there with you when I get home. I'm fearful of how Colin will react to the tree and specifically, the ornaments (all of which are breakable). I'm thinking my tree might have a 3 foot border at the bottom with no ornaments! That should look nice. I just pray he doesn't pull the whole thing down on top of him!!

Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends!


Anna (Wes' sister), Colin, and his cousin, Reese







Colin and his cousin, Keaton, riding the horsey. Shaina (Wes' other sister) is supervising.







Wes' dad holding his 2 grandsons, Colin and Keaton.






My big kid riding the horsey!

1 comment:

  1. I had my husband take the day off (he works for a mutual fund company) so that I could go shopping! ;D

    ReplyDelete