Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

After a much needed break from cooking, I'm back at it. I honestly didn't miss cooking until about Friday. So come Sunday, I was ready to get back at it. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have breaks like this about once every couple of months just to get us energized and excited about cooking again? To get ahead of the game, I planned 2 weeks worth of menus while in the car on the way back from TN last week. Now for next week, all I have left to do is make the grocery list and buy the groceries. I don't know about you, but making the menu is half the battle for me! Here's the run down for the next 2 weeks:

Ham with brown sugar glaze, corn casserole, smoked mashed sweet potatoes
Gnocchi with shrimp, asparagus, and basil pesto and salad
Roast beef swirlwiches and spinach/cranberry quinoa salad
Asian chicken slaw and frozen spring rolls
Italian Chopped Salad
Portobello Sandwiches and Wheatberry Salad
Caramelized Beef Skewers, warm potato salad, grilled corn
Burgers, baked bean, and leftover salad (potato or wheatberry)

No comments:

Post a Comment