Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Babies, Babies Everywhere!


There must be something in the water, everyone I know is either currently pregnant, recently had a baby, or is planning to be pregnant in the near future! As you know, I am no exception to the baby trend. I would venture to guess that within the last 12-18 months, I have had 15-20 friends or acquaintances that have had a baby. Add to that another half dozen that are currently pregnant! I've determined that 2007 was the year of the boy and 2008 is proving to be the year of the girl! One of these soon-to-be mom's having a little girl is Sara. This weekend I ventured up to Louisville with Colin and Daddy in tow for Sara's baby shower. Sara is due on Derby Day and looks absolutely fabulous! Of course Sara is a beautiful girl so I expected no less but she was just radiating. I can tell she is so excited, yet nervous at the same time. Sara, all I can tell you is that you'll learn as you go. No first-time mom goes into this knowing everything. You'll have many trials and tribulations but they will all be learning experiences. What goes wrong one day will be your source of laughter the next. The baby knows no different, so just take a deep breath and look at that beautiful smiling face that you created! Here are a few pictures from the shower (and fittingly it did SHOWER the whole stinkin' day!). The first two are Sara opening her gifts and the third one is me, Meg, and Amy - a.k.a The Tea Time Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment