Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

One Bowl White Chocolate Blonde Brownie

Two things I love, desserts and white chocolate! Yes, I am one of probably 2 people in the whole world that doesn't really care for chocolate. I know, I am strange. Perhaps I am but these little delights (really nothing "light" about them) are really tasty. The recipe says to remove them from the oven when you insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out with fudgy crumbs. Although this is not an exact science, I can tell you that it's very important. The brownies may appear to not be fully cooked, but never fear they will still be tasty. You actually want them somewhat gooey so that they remain soft and chewy. I love that these use only one bowl AND no mixer, since Colin tends to be afraid of kitchen machines that make loud noises. Oh and I suppose I should give credit where credit is due - these are courtsey of Kraft Foods website. Enjoy!

1 pkg. (6 squares) BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup toasted PLANTERS Chopped Pecans

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan (or use parchment paper like I did). Grease foil; set aside. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Stir in nuts.

SPREAD into prepared pan.

BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool in pan. Lift out of pan onto cutting board. Carefully remove brownie from foil. Cut into 16 squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment